Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 19

Have I seen His hand in my day?

There are some days that have the most gigantic, gloomy rain cloud hovering over them.  Not even the best radar system can navigate through it.  Perhaps it seems that there will be no end to the storm.

And then I see His hand. 

I was checking up on the walls of friends, just to see if there is news that I've missed, and came across an uplifting video which I have since reposted on my own social media wall.  The message was one that I needed.  It reminded me that I am not set in stone, and my weaknesses and shortcomings and sins are swallowed up in the Savior's Atonement when I will allow Him to carry me.

At about the same point, my sister chatted with me for a few moments.  This was not a conversation of profound philosophies.  This was the conversation of two sisters of things that were applicable in the moment.  It was meaningful to me, and I left it feeling a little better.  A little earlier my mom had responded to an updated status, just a quick note, but it let me know that she is reading my messages and thinking of me.

I continued watching similarly themed videos, and continued to draw strength from them.  I was reminded that I am not alone, though I feel like I am sometimes.  I was reminded that when I am having a hard time, He listens.  I learned that when I am low, and my rain cloud is particularly blustery, there is someone else to whom I ought to reach and help.  I learned that each day I should pause to see His hand in my life.

I see Him there, guiding me.  Sometimes the cloud stays.  But He is always there, if I will not close my eyes to His merciful hand which is outstretched still.

No comments: