Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Challenge - Day 3

DIY Project You Would Like to Do



I know that this kind of post typically requires a picture. It serves to explain what 1000 words cannot. There are at least two reasons why words will have to be sufficient. I searched and searched for a picture and could not find one of this specific idea. Also, I am typing a rough draft from my cell phone which means I can't post pictures anyway.

While I was in Argentina I saw many variations on the same idea. People would make covers for their scriptures and hymnals using cardboard and tape and pictures. The book would then slide into the
case, binding side out. This protects the pages from being bent or torn or stained.

I want to do this! I carry scriptures in my purse and I'd like to protect them. They are already well used and not so gently loved. I want to preserve them. I also think it'd be nice to have a tangible reminder of something that I learned from people I love, in a pleasant place I love.

No comments: