Morning Adventures
I woke up late. Technically, I woke up early, about an hour before my alarm was supposed to go off. Then about 10 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. Then 40 minutes after it was supposed to go off, but didn't. Stink.
This means that as I listen to the morning radio program, I am able to pay attention more clearly to the challenge. They play the voice of a celebrity, and the first three callers who are already on the line get a chance at it. If they don't get it, a second clue is played and it's a free for all. First clue, my first guess was Lindsay Lohan. My excuse, she sounded like she was coming off a chemical-induced euforia. (No offense.) After the second clue, I was sure it was Miley Cyrus. The Mr. tells me I should call it in. I'm thinking, whatever. Think of the embarrassment of actually making it through! But I dial the number anyway. Bizarrely, I have the number memorized.
Call. Busy signal. Hang up. "It's busy," I say aloud. But I call back anyway. Busy. Hang up. It only took a couple of repetitions in the process before I mastered it. I have it down to an art. Then the Mr. busts out his cell phone. Now we're both calling. We agree to call until I get to work. It's the busy signal in stereo. Then, shockingly, a dial tone. It's ringing. It's ringing! Oh my goodness, it's ringing!! He hands me his phone. I am there with baited breath. I'm nervous. Then, "we're sorry, but all circuits are busy. Please hand up and try again." Are you kidding me?!?!?
In the end, we never made it. But we did hear the answer. We felt less sad that we weren't able to make it through. It was Britney Spears.
It was silliness to the max, but it was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment