Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blog Challenge - Day 10

Place your mp3 player on shuffle.  Name the first 20 songs and give 3 details about each.

I think this post is something of a cheat, but I also think it kind of reveals something about people to know what they listen to.  And a little of what it means.  I'm going to tell you straight up that I will probably skip some songs, because there are some on my mp3 player that are only on there because I haven't remembered to take them off, but I never listen to them.  I figure those don't count.

Time to Pray - Sirusho, Elena & Boaz: This song is by Israeli artists, sung in Hebrew and English.  It is a pop song.  I am reminded of how much I would love to go to Israel when I hear it, or at least speak Hebrew fluently.

En Donde Estas Tu - Christian Castro: This is a romantic song.  It is on my mp3 player because I received it as a gift.  It is a song of sadness and hope.

You're the Only Place - Josh Groban: I love this song.  It brings back many memories, namely from Santiago.  One night it was part of the soundtrack to a beautiful walk in the rain.

Per Te - Josh Groban: The video to this song is sad to me.  The lyrics are remarkably beautiful, though I do not speak Italian.  It truly is random that two Groban songs would be side by side in a shuffle list.

Nights in White Satin... - Mario Frangoulis: There is a pretty musical introduction to the song.  It is soothing.  The artist is from Greece.

We Are - Deux: This is a song from a dance video game.  I always see a dude with a 'fro in my mind when I hear it, probably from the video.  This is one of the Mr.'s most fun to watch, when he goes more freestyle.

A Dios le Pido - Juanes: I tried to memorize the lyrics to this song, but I think I always had a hard time with the a couple of sections.  The song was used in a teleserie while I lived in Santiago.  It makes me wish I had dancing skills.

Battle Theme 1 - Yoko Shimomura: This is from Kingdom Hearts (Birth by Sleep)G.  The composer is FREAKING AWESOME.  I feel like I am in the middle of something monumentally important when it comes on while I drive.

See Through (I think) - Girly Berry: The song is in Thai.  It was the intro song for a radio talk show in Santiago.  I hear it, and I think of riding in a taxi to get to the subway on the way to work while sharing earphones to hear the show.

Everlasting Love - Akitaka Tohyama, ...: This is from We love Katamari.  Only the title and parts of the song are in English, the rest is in Japanese.  I hear it and I smile.

Ecuchame - Carlos Ponce: This is a song for lovers.  "I am a perfectly failed clumsy fool, to show myself so stupidly in love, but it's impossible to deceive you with that look...."  It seems like the perfect song for slow dancing.

Cu'Mme: Mario Frangoulis +: The female artist who accompanies him is only about 12 or 13, but seems quite a bit older with her voice.  She sings in Spanish; he in Greek and Spanish.  This song tells my hips that they need to move.

Anatevka - Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack: I have played this song on the flute.  I have the version from the musical pictures in my wishlist from my last post.  I enjoy the sad, lilting rhythm.

Deep Anxiety - Yoko Shimomura: You cannot stop me from peddling like a madwoman when this comes on during my workout.  It is also from Kingdom Hearts.  I seem to recall it coming from a travelling segment.

Molly Malone - Skully: I will blare this on the radio and sing along.  It is a depressing sort of rendition to what is apparently a drinking song.  I downloaded it (free, legally) as a part of background music for a St. Patrick's Day/Birthday party.

Pienso en ti - Carolina Nissen: The artist is Chilean.  She plays many instruments, as well as composes her own music.  I knew nothing of her until I left Chile.

Explosive - Bond: Three violins and a chelo.  The video to the song depicts a revolution through music in an unnamed Latin American location.  It is music that inspires movement.

Always - RyanDan: The singers are twins who harmonize well.  They are Canadians living in London.  This song is good, but I like "High" probably a little more.

Dark Comet's Reign - Luca Turilli: The artist is also part of a group.  This music, as well as the music performed by the group, are of the same genre that I am unsure of how to name.  The music is intense, but the lyrics are clean.

Runaway Train - Soul Asylum: I love this song but tend to skip it after only hearing a few bars since it is a bummer of a song.  It remember it from Junior High/High School.  I still enjoy the lyrics.

No comments: