Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 29

When Doing Things "My Way" Means I Don't Get What I Want

Last night I logged into my social media account and noticed that it was painfully slow.  No, seriously, so slow in fact that I wasn't sure if it was even functional or if it had frozen.  It would only partially load pages, to add insult to injury.  I was not pleased.  So, while I waited for a page to load, I opened my blogger so I could work on Day 27.  I had no idea about what to write, so I decided to use one of the questions I least liked on the list of possible blog topics.  To do so, I would need a few pictures.  It took me a while (and in the meantime I think I did at least get to respond to somebody's post in the social media website), but I was able to find two.  I was on the third and final picture, trying to find the perfect one, when all of a sudden my whole system stops and just looks at me.  It tells me that the web pages aren't responding.  I'm miffed now, because I've been trying to blog for an hour.  And it's time to watch our Monday night show (which we do via the internet.)  I have the Grumpy Face going on.  I ask, out loud, "why does it work for you and not for me?!?"  Silently I curse the web.  Stupid internet.  Grrr.

The whole thing has to be restarted, we go through the process, and then my computer kindly asks me if I would like to reopen the browser pages that I was using before the internet crashed and my computer hated me.  Sure.  At least I can sign out of stuff.

That's when the Voice of Reason looks at the screen and says, "how many pages do you have open?!  No wonder you couldn't get the pages to load." 

Okay, so there was the page we were keeping open to be able to watch the show, the social media page, the blogger page and a search engine.  But that's not really too much, is it?

And in my logic, instead of noting that I was actively trying to use 3 pages at once, I only found fault with the page I wasn't using. 

Sigh.  Good thing other people can bring me to my senses.  Way to be, Voice of Reason.

No comments: