Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 22

Secret Obsession

Now to be less secret, obviously.

Recently I developed this obsession about Craigslist.  It is far less exciting than it would be near Manhattan, for example, but I have this thing where I look to see what's available on the famous list.  Sometimes I look at the jobs, to see if there are any for people I know who need one.  Sometimes I look at the electronics, because I sorta think that somebody may offer a wii at a super discount price that will somehow make me feel less guilty about having ANOTHER console at my house and for not remaining loyal to Sony.  Occassionally I look at the books, because I like reading.  But mostly, I surf the free section.  Why?  Because it's free.  And that is enticing.  And I think it's ok to "upgrade" some stuff, if I'm doing it for free and then passing along my replaced items to someone else.

If you ask, "how often do you 'upgrade' or pick up items off the free section in Craigslist?" I will tell you the truth.  Practically never.  But for the last couple of weeks, I look anyway.

No comments: