When heart's desires work out
I once daydreamed about being able to speak Spanish. I could not fathom how people could THINK in another language. So I would think about it. Then I studied. And studied. And studied some more. Yet, still, it was this thing I had to do actively. I would hear things in Spanish and have to think through the translation in my head. Then, when I wanted to say something back, I'd have to translate my thoughts from English to Spanish to say it. When I decided to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I hoped and literally prayed that I would have the opportunity to serve in a Spanish-speaking area.
At that time, I thought it was the miracle of an answered prayer that my mission was in Argentina. This moved me from studying and being passionate about Spanish to thinking, eating, sleeping, breathing Spanish. It was the concession of my heart's desire.
Since then, I have seen how God has used my heart's desire, to be able to communicate freely in Spanish, to serve purposes that have blessed my life even more. It is amazing to me how He has transformed what I wanted so much into something that continues to bless me.
No comments:
Post a Comment