Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Words!

I haven't blogged for about a century, in word years.  I don't know that such a thing exists, but it sounds cool and lets me get away with exaggeration.  Just today I saw a social media post from a friend who's blog I had been following, and then realized, "oh my goodness, I have seen their blog in months!"  By which word, two months still counts as months because it makes me add the "s" to pluralize it.  Then I realized, shortly afterwards, that I hadn't been following because I haven't been posting.  I felt somewhat less critical of myself for this deficiency when I noticed that I have friends who are less frequent posters than I am.  Why do we do that, I wonder?  We compare ourselves to others to determine how guilty we ought to feel?  I don't know why, but it was effective.

I am currently on an addictive path.  I am playing Words with Friends.  I like that I can do this with friends who live all over the place.  By which I mean, not here.  I have been surprised at my paucity of vocabulary at crunch time, but what can be done?  Anyone else want to have a friendly joust with the alphabet?

No comments: